Here’s the latest round of amusing tweets and interesting news clippings relating to Generation X. But, first, the alto section.
The other day I was taking my daughter Bridgette to her gymnastics class when I passed this train. I had to turn around and go back and take a picture.
For Generation X, of course, because we are the Alto Section, urrr, Alto Generation, if there ever was one.
Consider the similarities between sopranos and Baby Boomers or Generation Y (Millennials) illustrated in the following stereotypes.
- Sopranos usually get all the solos and as such are promoted as the most dazzling section of every choir.
- Sopranos sing the highest and often think they rule the world.
- Sopranos hold their high notes way too long and regard everyone else in the choir as possibly unnecessary and definitely inferior.
- Sopranos get all the blame if the choir sounds bad
Now, consider the stereotypes of altos as defined by Comedy Corner and how they relate to Generation X.
- Altos believe they are the salt of the earth
- Altos are unassuming people, who could wear jeans to choral performances if they were allowed to
- Nobody really notices the altos because the sopranos sing so loud.
- If altos miss notes nobody really cares.
- Altos get a deep, secret pleasure out of conspiring together to tune the sopranos flat.
- A Soprano may be able to hold a ridiculously high note at the end of a piece, but altos usually get the last word of every song.
Generation X News Clippings, Tweets
Check out this U.S. map of Gen-Xers by county, compliments of ArcGIS and esri. Be sure to click the + button to zoom in. For more information visit the esri blog.
BuzzStream and Fractl conducted a survey of 1,200 people about their content-consuming habits online. The takeaways are especially helpful if you’re a content creator or marketer.
Despite their more permissive attitudes toward sex, Gen Y actually has had fewer sex partners than Generation X.
I hate the generation that I’m living in. Take me to the 80s — Em (@emilycolyer21) May 11, 2015
Listening to 80s music always reminds me how I got cheated being born into this generation. I just don’t belong in this time period… — ♛ (@mikaylaakelly) May 9, 2015
I hate my generation 😒 I wish I grew up in the 80s — Jahmere (@JahCal22) April 20, 2015
Here is the trailer for Soaked In Bleach, a documentary on the death of Kurt Cobain. Is it possible that the lead singer for Nirvana didn’t commit suicide? The film examines artifacts from the case in a re-creation drama. Sources include the lead investigator on the case.